Getting into the right contest that suits your desires is important. Maybe you feel comfortable joining a tournament right off the bat, but maybe you want to take a slow approach as you get used to SuperDraft. Here we describe everything we offer so you can decide what works best for you!
Tournaments are contests with a larger amount of entries and a bigger reward with the prize pools being larger. However, these are contests where an individual sometimes can enter 100+ lineups. What makes them a tournament is the sheer volume of entries you are competing against.
You will notice above that these are labeled as “GUARANTEED.” This means that the prize pool is guaranteed to be the amount labeled above regardless of how many entries there are.
You will notice that most of these have a large number of entries one person can make for this one contest as shown on the right side of the screenshot. However, this is not always the case as shown by the last contest in the photo.
Head-to-heads works just as they sound – this is you going up against one other player where the winner takes ALL. These are signified by the “H2H” that you can see in the screenshot above.
- Public – These contests can be riskier in a sense that someone who has been playing longer can join these if they are listed as public. Public contests are placed in the lobby for everyone to see and works as sort of an open challenge to other SuperDraft players.
- Something to note here would be our Matchmaking feature on the bottom of the Create a Contest page. When this is marked as “ON,” our system will only make this visible in the lobby to players of a similar Sport Rank – a good way to make sure only players of similar skill level can join your public head-to-heads.
- Private – If you are creating a Head-to-Head, you have the ability to make this Private on the Create a Contest page. Doing this will allow only someone that you have invited to this contest to enter. Nobody else will be able to enter this unless they have recieved an invite directly from you.
Boosters are very common and are a great way to build you bankroll and learn the product before you start entering into bigger contests. Each Booster will have an icon like the one see above that resembles a battery. These can vary in structure but the most common ones are 50/50s, Double-Ups, and Triple-Ups.
- Double-Up – These are contests that pay out to the top 40%-50% of lineups in the contest. The payout will be exactly double what your entry fee was with no rake coming out of your winnings.
- Triple-Up – These are contests that pay out to the top 30%-33% of lineups in the contest. The payout will be exactly triple what your entry fee was with no rake coming out of your winnings.
- 50/50 – These are contests that are similar to Double-Ups but pay out the top half of the contest. These do not payout exactly double your entry fee as a 10% rake is taken from these winnings.
Satellites are a different beast. These are contests that payout in contest tickets. Not just any contest ticket, but a ticket that can only be entered into a contest that it is labeled for. When you enter this contest you should be aware of which contest ticket is being paid out. For instance, not all NBA Satellites payout in NBA tickets – this is the case for all sports.
Ready to enter contests?! Click here: https://superdraft.io/
If you have any questions on any part of this process, please use this the link below. We would be more than happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have!